Poem: Brokenness

Lord, why have thou forsaken me?
My tormentors rejoice!
Will they have the last laugh?
My prayers have not found favour in your sight.
Inflicted, both in mind and body.
My shortcomings and failures are many, yet You continue to work within me
Moments of joy have turned into a sea of grief seeking to drown my faith.
Your awesomeness is boundless.

My weakness is merely human.
A being that you Lord wonderfully and purposefully made.
To worship You in spirit and in truth.
Forgive my transgressions Heavenly Father.
Pour within me Your Spirit, until the old man is no more
Your Spirit is what my soul craves.
To fulfill my purpose.
And to behold Your majesty.

My intercessors make petitions, yet the answer is elusive.
The evil ones continue to scoff and mock.
My nakedness exposed.
The enemy gathers strength, embolden.
How long Lord, will thou turn thy face?
Brokenness, before your throne of Cherubim’s and Seraphim’s.
Penitent, prostrate at your altar.
You are the King of Kings. - Wayne Campbell

©
 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Promoting Literacy For A World In Transition

The Psychology Of Dunce

Israel Hamas War