Poem- The Night Before

Our motionless bodies,
met the morning sun.
Unscripted perhaps.
Definitely calculated.  
Our images went viral.
Such is the power of social media.

What were your thoughts last night?
Did you sleep well, did you toss and turn?
Or did you pace the floor as you contemplate my demise?
"Do you remember that day"?
In which we exchanged our vows before "God and family"?

Were those words mere words,
Spoken aloud to appease your ego,
in the beautifully decorated cathedral
When our lips touched, and our tongues embraced each other
For the first time?

I saw tears in your eyes
Were those tears of what was to come.
A tragic end!
It should have been a fairytale.
but your constant abuse drove me away.

Far away! Was it just a public show?
Paid for by both of us?
In blood.
Did you think about my child, your child, our child?
Orphaned now!

Why was it so difficult for you to let go?
To let me live.
Did you sleep with the fully loaded Browning the night before?
I ran, you gave chase.
Take heed.

Stalked and hunted
I should have listened to my family
They saw the real you.
The monster that would attack at nights
I hid all this from them.

Is this love?
In sparing our child
You killed him that same day.
What were your thoughts the night before?
Now I am free! - Wayne Campbell

                                                                                          ©
 

Comments

  1. This is emotional. Reminding me of the murder suicide cases

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Promoting Literacy For A World In Transition

The Psychology Of Dunce

Israel Hamas War