Poem-Frustration

Standing in the hallowed hallway of the college of my choice
Beaming with pride and joy
Anxious and somewhat frightened, what was I thinking?
Is a college degree worth the sacrifice, I repeatedly asked myself
Indoctrinated!
I took the bait, hook line and sinker
To this fallacy, created by the movers and shakers of this cruel world
To keep us in line!
Maintaining the status quo in order to stifle our creativity
Why didn’t I see this coming?
To be counted among the vocational areas was to be considered
Intellectually challenged, dull! Dunce!
If only I knew then what I know now.

Fast forward!
Downtrodden, a grave sense of despair and hopeless
Trapped!  Rocked by the insecurities of this world
Governments held to ransom
By multinational lending agencies
Structural Adjustment Programmes designed to keep us dependent, while the rich wallow in ill- gotten gains
Neo- Colonialism!
Oppression!
Capitalism!
Our humanity have been stripped bare
Exposing our backsides for the entire world to see.

No one really cares
Youth unemployment!
Redundancies!
Blighted prospects!
Where is the future?
Hope and optimism vanish away in thin air,
Living in a world where qualification and experience play second fiddle
Who knows you is what matters
Don’t be silly!
Yet another interview.

Deja vu!
©

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Promoting Literacy For A World In Transition

The Psychology Of Dunce

Israel Hamas War